Whats everyone got planned?

I know that we have had this type of thread before but I figure seen as there isnt much happening on this website at the moment I just thought I would ask what everyone is up to, Have ya got anything planned for the weekend or training ya self up for a big tramp during the summer? Just thought I would see what everyones up to, its good to read about other peoples tramping trips plus it also gives ya a few ideas for tramping trips of your own.
341 comments
331–340 of 341

Appreciate your work. May even see a bit of snow just to liven things up a bit? Thanks for the info
Hard staying motivated during a shit winter. Did an overnighter to anderson memorial last month, it was rough . The tramp up to waetewaewae was cold dark wet and slippery. The climb up shoulder was steep and slippery. And the tops freezing windy with no visibility. The tramp back was a monotous slog. I was the only car in the overnight carpark at the forks. When it was over i just wanted to turn around and do it again. Looks like not bad weather next wed thu. Might mission it to mid king. Waikamaka via top maropea , upper makaroro, or nichols depending on the weather and my enthusiasm.
Nice trip Gaitors! Three of us did a 2 week stint in September once( a year or two ago)to Andersons. Started with a huge slip on the road through Otaki Gorge( my mate from Watford drove his Vanguard over it at a crazy angle because he didnt want to walk all the way to the Forks carpark). The weather was fine into Waitewaewae and up to Andersons, then turned to custard for 8 days , no hunting possible,gale winds and snow.We ran out of tucker and resorted to the odd possum stew ,shot with the 8mm which usually completed the gut removal cleanly!Back at Waitewaewae we baited for eels with an old goat carcase, and got some decent sized eels too. Being young and fit it was a great adventure for us ,never saw any other people for the full 2 weeks .Walked out in brilliant weather....oh well thats the Tararua,s for you!
2 deleted posts from Pro-active, Silvana
Both of them please
I have a plan of going on a trip as soon as the COVID situation clears up because I don't want to take risks right now. There are a lot of problems with this but as soon as everything is safe with better management with vaccines and stuff, this will be the best action that I can make. I also hope that everyone on here is doing well because safety is a priority these days and we can still have fun even if we are still stuck in our homes especially the people who are at risk.
NZ is safe, it will take a while for the rest of the world to get on top of covid, could be years.
Thumbs up
Um,don't know about you Kaitlyn but nz aren't stuck in their homes anymore. Your chances of contacting covid in the back/front country is virtually nil. If you are planning a trip just do it.
Thumbs up
I had lots of little weekend trips planned this summer but I smashed my hip on my last day of work before holidays! I’m sitting at home dreaming of long distance walks. Te Araroa doesn’t really appeal, but I wonder if I could string together some interesting 10+ day high routes in the North Island. Maybe use some historical or mythical stories as inspiration. Any ideas?
@dreambroom ​ Wellington to the top of the Coromandel - 2017 https://www.whiowhio.nz/spineofthefishindex.html
Thanks Waynowski :)
331–340 of 341

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Jono51
On 24 September 2009
Replies 340
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown