Walking Companions

I need a walking companion Hello everyone my name is Rachael, I live in Christchurch. I am urgently wanting for find a walking companion , female aged 30-40yrs , average fitness. My differculty is that I love the outdoors and going on walks around the coast and in the bush. My husband and 11yr old and 9yr old boys refuse to do any walks with me. They hate walks. I can't drive so can't drive myself to the walks I want to do. Also My husband has said he does not want me to walk alone. So I am stuck. The walks I want do are Taylours Mistake to boulder bay, lyttleton to cass bay walk, bridle path in the christcurch area and rdye falls and glentui falls walks in the north canterbury area and Rata falls in peel forest area, and sharplin falls walk in Mt Summers area. If there is anyone out there who is interested in doing some walks with me you can email me at rachaelo12@hotmail.com or leave me a message on NZ Tramper. If I can find a walking companion or companions I would pay full petrol costs to and from the walks and would provivde picinic lunch to take on the walks. Look forward to hereing from all you lady walkers out there soon kind regards Rachael Edit / RenewDelete Added 18 April 2007 by rachaelo12 This notice is visible to all visitors.
Hi Rachael Im Heather, im a 31yo women from Dargaville Northland. Im in the same boat as you, my partner Keith does not like tramping, and I allso do not drive. I may end up down the SI again next Summer, was down in 05 with my father, but he was not up to tramping just easy quick walks to waterfalls ectra, close to the road. Unfortunatly we had the windscreen break on dads campervan so we had to cut our holiday short. I was going to walk the Otago Rail Trail while dad drove and went his own way, but we did not quite make it that far, due to the windscreen being broken at. I would like to think If work is not to hectic next summer that I could make it down South again. I would like to Walk the Rail Trail, QC Track, and what ever else is acheavable with easy access from bus stops, backpackers hostels ectra. Thanks Cheers Heather
Hi Rachel, There is no need for you to miss out on tramps. Just look up the local tramping clubs on the web, and go with one of them!
Hi Rachel, not sure if you are still reading the forums on this site as I notice this was posted April last year! but Im from Chch too, 32, and in need of a tramping buddy also. Im joining the Chch Tramping Club in the next week or two (once I get my new boots this weekend :o) ) so if you're keen to join too or want to have another local buddy to walk with, let me know via this site.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by rachaelo12
On 18 April 2007
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown