One Square meals.

I always thought that the one square meal were a great idea, but found the Apricot ones to be quite plain and I struggle to eat them. Tried the new Cranberry and black current one last weekend and found it delicious. Going to make sure I have a few in my pack all the time from now on. Whats everyones thoughts on them?
24 comments
11–20 of 24

When did you have to eat cardboard?
Back in 'Nam . lol . No, actually I was stuck in an ice cave for fourteen days, it was that and leather for the last four . O.K. I'll be honest, I had a tough childhood, lol .
Chocolate ones are pretty good as well
I'm not much of a health nut, I usually just have a cookie time .
a true trampers breakfast http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/12766449/6000-calorie-breakfast-a-hit-with-customers/ At 4kg you are not going to carry many but if you can eat in under an hour its free.
"You can buy 'em at the Templeton (Chch) factory shop 2 packets for $8" is that 2 x 2 bars or 2 x 6 bars?
Anzac biscuits are easy to make and filling you can add chocolate or fruit of your choice 1 cup plain flour 1 cup sugar 1 cup rolled oats 1 cup desiccated coconut 4 oz butter 2 tablespoons boiling water 1 tablespoon golden syrup 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (add a little more water if mixture is too dry) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (or approx 375 degrees F). Grease a biscuit tray or line with baking paper. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. In a small saucepan over a medium heat (or in a microwave proof jug or bowl in the microwave), combine the butter and golden syrup until the butter has melted. In a small bowl, combine the boiling water and bicarbonate of soda. Add the bicarb and water mixture with the melted butter and golden syrup. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Dollop teaspoonfuls of the biscuit mixture onto the greased baking tray. Don't forget that the biscuits WILL spread during baking, so make sure you leave room for them to spread! Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Allow the Anzac biscuits to cool on the tray for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
or you could just throw a packet of one square meal in your basket next time you pass them in the supermarket
they are pretty expensive by weight, i just cook up some lentils and rice and some form of fat, usually coconut oil., put it in a container and eat it when i need it, lentils i can get for $5 a kilo, when it's cooked a kilo will become three kilos so it works out a lot cheaper and it's a wholesome meal... otherwise i just geta cheap muesli bar from a box, i only need a small one usually during the day, i just eat decent meals and don't find i need to snack much... or theres good old scroggin.... you dont actually need that balanced a meal on the mood, while you're exervcising your bodies ability to digest protein and fat drops, its ability to absorb sugar and carbs goes up because it's focused on processing the quickest obtainable energy it can get. so your body can wait for you to cook up dinner for the well rounded meal..
Yo Chriss ! OSM is 2xbars in a packet. 2xpackets was 4xbars ie 2xmeals worth.
11–20 of 24

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Food
Started by militaris
On 14 August 2009
Replies 23
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown