One Square meals.

1–10 of 24

I always thought that the one square meal were a great idea, but found the Apricot ones to be quite plain and I struggle to eat them. Tried the new Cranberry and black current one last weekend and found it delicious. Going to make sure I have a few in my pack all the time from now on. Whats everyones thoughts on them?
I always have one or two in the pack. They don't look much but I do find them easier to eat than some other meusli bars. I usually only eat about half a one at a time so consequently usually find the other half in the bottom of my pack about 2 trips later. If you look at the ingredience on the wrapper then you have to conclude that they have to be good for you. Thanks for the heads up on the cranberry and blackcurrent. I will look out for that. Delete
For museli bars, I quite like them. Don't eat them as a whole meal, but as snacks. Probably don't have them often enough to get sick of them. They're fairly expensive though. Look forward to trying cranberry and blackcurrant
Apparently they can be bulk purchased from the factory in Templeton. I like to carry one or two as a back up. Yes, the new flavour is much better though they are still sort of oily and solid. I appreciate the reduced sugar, that's for sure.
have been eating osm bars since they came out, the new cranberry one is great, always have some in the pantry. you can get them in supermarkets in a six pack( i think) for around $11. the bars dont look much but seem to fill me up and keep me going for quite a while which is great
The new cranberry are great. Im a type 2 diabetic so you can imagine nutrition while walking can be an issue this is the one packaged food that i can get about a two hour burn out of and it has no affect on my sugar levels works for me.
I have realized, that apart from snacks, all of my main meals out tramping (especially on day trips) are cranberry one square meals now. Have no idea how I coped without them.
I have realized, that apart from snacks, all of my main meals out tramping (especially on day trips) are cranberry one square meals now. Have no idea how I coped without them.
You can buy 'em at the Templeton (Chch) factory shop 2 packets for $8. Bivouac have a discount system that brings it down to that too. If you treat them like jerky & keep chewing & swallowing the juices, they're more fulfilling than wolfing them down like a biscuit. As well as the Apricot & Cranberry, there's also a chocolate flavoured bar (not chocolate that melts !). At 2 bars per OSM, I mix them up for variety.
I really don't like the apricot ones, find them really dry, like eating cardboard . Never tried the cranberry ones, but you guys make them sound good, so I will give them a try .
1–10 of 24

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Food
Started by militaris
On 14 August 2009
Replies 23
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown