Website Roadmap feedback

Nice list of things you are working on, Matthew. Here are 3 things I miss from the old website that would be on my wishlist: "Total Views", and "Views per month bar graph". It was really nice to see what pictures and articles were popular and how many people were looking at things. The website used to put the most viewed photo as the "flagship" photo for an article. Now I'm not sure if the current site is still doing that or if the current flagship photo displayed is just a hangover from the old site. Numbers were nice. "Notifications when people post on your photos/articles/track guides etc". The current Watch this Photo/article/track doesn't do anything. I've had people ask me questions and not known about it until months later because I wasn't notified and I rarely check things I've uploaded for responses. "Website membership numbers". Total numbers of members, who's currently online, maybe who hasn't logged in many months... currently not much use without the internal messaging system but still its all facts and figures that I'm curious about. I suspect that many of the sites members are temporary members who joined for their visit to NZ and haven't been back to the site after they left (I know a couple personally), but there are a few active people from the old site who I remember but haven't seen back on this version. Just spit balling :)
Howdy, Those data are all still being generated. No problem to surface them in the design. Notifications: I anticipate that building on top of the internal messaging. I really need to get that sorted and should probably bump it up. General stats are no issue to share, but I'm not sure about showing who is online or has been online. I think I would probably want to add a privacy setting for that. I can do that. I will fold these ideas into the list.
Oh, thats cool the site is still generating numbers data. I guess I was visualizing some sites I visit where there is a box at the bottom that says everyone who's currently online is useful for instant messaging. I suppose it could be considered a privacy setting. I just thought it would be nice when looking at someones profile to see something like a "Last active" field and a date. I've seen it before on other sites.
Hi @Yarmoss, Absolutely. I think it's a good idea, just needs to be opt-in.
Great work on the website Matthew. I agree with Yarmoss regarding up-grading the "Notifications when people post on your photos/articles/track guides etc". Also agree regarding the 'who's on-line' & possibly their 'last logged on' date. Enabling an 'internal messaging system' would be fantastic too. When you click on a members profile & look at their 'photographs', 'contributions', 'my travels' & 'log' is there a limit to the number of items (e.g. photographs or contributions) that are displayed? Some site members contribute regularly via trip reports, yet when you look at their 'contributions' & 'my travels' it appears that not everything is listed. Is there a limit or cut-off to what is displayed? I'm not a regular contributor to the website but I check out the site on a regular basis, every 2-3 days if I'm not away. Recently, I read one of Madpom's epic adventures on-line. They are full of detail & 'lengthy' (in a good way) & it would have been great to be able to 'print' it off (text only) & read later, like at a hut as the rain buckets down or at home in front of the fire.
hi mathew, hows internal messaging coming on? can you email me please hughvannoorden(at)gmail.com h

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by Yarmoss
On 10 July 2014
Replies 5
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown