Emoticons

Hey Matthew. How about some emoticons we can throw in, please ?. Helps to better convey meaning & stops people from getting offended when you're only joking or pulling their leg ?.
15 comments
11–15 of 15

Like the BBCode idea - currently use this on another site and it works well once you get the hang of it.
Could we please get a button that lets us edit our own posts?
Yes. That's long overdue, isn't it? I'll put that on top of the list. I have some time next Monday to sort things out.
"However, for images, it could simply be a matter of embedding the link to the image" Hi @Matthew. I quite like BBCode generally and it seems fairly standardised between many forums, but for pictures have you considered a system which would only let people embed images which are already part of the site, or which would at least let that happen alongside externally-hosted images? As in, with a code that specifies the ID number or something. Otherwise I can imagine people pasting in external-format links to pictures which are already hosted on the website, and hard-coded image links like that could break everything as soon as you next decide to aljust how the site's pictures are hosted behind the scenes (if ever).
"Yes. That's long overdue, isn't it? I'll put that on top of the list. I have some time next Monday to sort things out." Sweet!
11–15 of 15

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by Pro-active
On 16 May 2014
Replies 14
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown