Where to buy a macpac epic 150 liner?

I have been looking for one of these for a long time and can’t seem to find one, macpac don’t seem to be making the epic line of sleeping bags anymore. I have an epic 300sf for spring, summer and autumn tops camping but I know it's not going to cut it in the snow, rather than get a whole new bag for the snow I would rather get the epic 150 liner to increase the ratings on my epic 300sf. So if anyone has one they would like to sell or know of a place I could find one please let me know. Hamish
I noticed that Macpac seem to have dropped a lot of their lines lately... If you can't get your mitts on an Epic150, try the White Goose liner from Kathmandu. It's a mummy shaped goosedown liner with hood and either left or right zip. I have one and have been using it on it's own since early summer. I know, Kathmandu is well overpriced and I'd hesitate to pay their full asking price, but I got it on one of their sales for $179 and I've been very happy with it. Actually, I have an idea that it was in the the most recent sale too, which may still be on.
MacPac is a completely diferent company to what they were a couple of years ago. Different ownership, marketing philosophy and products. Only the name remains the same. See http://www.tramper.co.nz/?view=topic&id=128 for an earlier discussion on this
I would suggest talking to Colin (thanks peter) from Trek and Travel in Hamilton. He used to be a rep many years ago for the old MacPac and is a fund of knowledge on the subject. Great shop full of very interesting stuff at great prices. If your passing through Hamilton its a must to stop. Hes a very accommodating guy who if its not in store will get it to you. would appear to have lots of great contacts.
They do not have it on their website anymore... On a similar matter, The Macpac website seems to be less informative every time I look at it... The only website with less information is the Fairydown one.
Ah yes, I think the recession must have got to them. I was told that MacPac would definitely have a branch in Rotorua within the year. Guess when I was told that, about exactly a year ago. My guess in that they are sitting tight, concentrating on their retail activities in their existing branches until the economy picks up a bit. As for the Epic liner, I think the best bet would be as bigPaul suggests, ask around some of the smaller retailers who used to stock MacPac products and see if there are any still around. As he suggests, Colin in hamilton is someone who has been in the business for a while and might be able to fish one out from under the counter somewhere. Another idea is to put create a search in "my favorites" on Trade Me. That way if one comes up for sale there then you will get an email

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by hamish247
On 1 March 2009
Replies 5
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown