FROM ARTHUR PASS TO ST ARNAUD - TRACK CONDITION

Hello, could someone tell me about the current track condition (especially windfall) from Arthur pass to Lewis pass (through Harper pass) and from Lewis pass to St Arnaud (through Three tarn pass / David saddle and D'Urville valley). I am planning to do that in March but it seems that there are a lot of trees down due to heavy snowfall last winter. Thanks in advance
Hi I tramped from the St Arnaud - Lewis Pass (south) via that route between 27-31 Jan 2009 There are areas of extensive tree fall in the following areas: 1. West Branch Matakitaki above Bobs Hut 2. Bobs Hut to Matakitaki junction walkwire 3. minor falls - above East Matakitaki Hut (but easy to walk around) 4. Upper D'Urville Biv down to GR 777039 (I had to drop into the river and zig zig past this area) From here down there had been tree falls but in the main they had been mostly cleared the rest of the way down the D'Urville Valley There were a few small patches of old snow on the south side of David Saddle but I was unable to walk around these without problem I have a good route guide and waypoints etc. if you want them let me know I am also after any route info for the next section from Lewis Pass - Arthurs Pass via: Brass Monkey Biv - Lake Christobel - Robinson River - Tutaekuri River - Trent River - Trent Saddle - Taramakau River If anyone can assist cheers
Hey Skiveoff, love your profile pic!!! Cracked me up.
1 deleted post from usagreearrery

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tracks, routes, and huts
Started by YVESB
On 28 January 2009
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown