Search for members

Under You, Friends there is a paragraph saying that you can search for members so that you can add known people as friends. However, that link brings up a gallery of photographs. Is there any way to search by name? (Otherwise you would have to wait until the right photo came along.)
The trouble is I think is that this site has undergone a number of changes. You used to be able to search for members who lived close to you or who lived within a radius of a town or location however you can't do that now. I guess that search members is a legacy thing. I imagine the facility was removed for privacy reasons
It was actually removed as switching to storing all data as latitudes and longitudes rather than eastings and northings broke it horribly. I haven't fixed it yet. But I'm meaning to. I'll bump it up the priorities. With regards to privacy, my feeling is that if you want information to be private then you should not add it to the site (aside from name and email, which are kept private anyway). Do you think that's reasonable?
Sounds reasonable to me. I was kind of hoping that you hadn't gone all PC. It was quite nice to see who was tramping in our local area. With regards to names, it'd be nice to be able to put in a nickname or something. I'd quite like people to refer to me as Peter rather than pmcke. However there is more than one Peter so we can't all have that as a login.
funny Ive been thinking pimkey all this time it was starting to stick
Hmmm. I had never pronounced it that way. Sounds like I need to think about changing the login name I have used for about the last 15 years!!
Nicknames -- yes agreed. I had been thinking the same thing.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by pythagnz
On 7 January 2009
Replies 6
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown