Profile update and other questions

1–10 of 11

Hey Matthew, a few questions - I'm guessing these things are in the plan - if so, any idea of a timeline? Update one's profile ? Upload photos, gpx ? There are quite a few forum topics listing under 'This Website' that belong in other forums (eg Macpac eVent, Geotagged photos, et al) Am I correct in thinking one gets to see the first 50 topics in a forum? Any way to see older topics? Any plans to allow upload of pdf files? (as a fully configured article) thanks
Hi Bernie, Image quality and upload are the priority this week. I expect to get that delivered midweek. Profile editing is next on the list. If the image work goes well, I'll do that too. The other issues you touch on also need to be addressed, but I am focussing on the most pressing concerns first. Regarding PDFs, if there is enough general interest I could add that. Nobody else has requested it.
Thanks Matthew, no pressure :) You're doing a great job (and deserve more ad revenue!) The pdf thing was just that I'd written a couple of trip reports for a club (St Arnaud - Lewis Pass and 5 Passes/Lake Nerine) and had the (lazy) thought that uploading those would be a lot easier than creating it all again.
FYI: there would seem to be a glitch in the photograph upload process. In uploading a photo of the tree in the Rockburn hut, I noticed that, when specifying the location, existing points (whether of GM, NZ Placename Data or Tramper origin) do not show on the map.
Hi Mathew The site looks great. I have just uploaded a couple of pix and noticed that there does not seem to be anwhere to enter "keywords" such as "Hut" "Tararua" etc. Have I missed something or does the search facility pick up words from the description and title etc. I love the new look, thanks for all the time and effort you have put in
Bernieq: Yes the location window is a bit broken. Will fix. Mantis: Keywords, right, I left them out. Search looks in the title and description (and title has more weight). If people really want keywords I can add them back in. In general I want to keep it simple. There are a few cases where search doesn't do well, e.g. Searching for bivvy when the listing is biv, or mount vs mt. However that's probably better resolved with synonyms. And thanks!
Another bug? that I'm struggling with : Created an article (trip report : St Arnaud - Lewis Pass) and tried to embed some photos (putting the photo ID between double curly brackets). However, the photo doesn't show - just a small box with title and author. I left it overnight (thinking maybe some updating needed to occur) but no change.
Hi Bernie, Looks like the images aren't generating. I'll check that. You won't need to do anything.
OK, thanks - I'll continue to attach a few more to the article
A couple of small cosmetic items to add to the list (relates to clicking on the Visited this Hut button) 1. asks to enter a date - if you leave the day blank, 1 is inserted (better to leave it blank?) 2. the date requested is when the hut was visited - but it then displays as "Added ..." on that date (should say "Visited ...")
1–10 of 11

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by bernieq
On 8 March 2013
Replies 10
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown