Tramping/Basic Mntring Partner in SI July/Aug

I've got a couple of months off work and am planning (in a very unplanned sort of way) to do some missions around Nelson, Chch (Southern Alps), and Southland (Fiordland etc). I'm up for shortish tramps as well as long ones. Although I haven't done much tramping in snow, am still keen on tramps that involve basic mountaineering (am set up with crampons, ice axe). The more adventurous the better - I've done my time doing the usual weekenders. It's not such a smart idea to do these things solo in the middle of winter, so if someone's keen on tagging along let me know. I'm no rookie (help out in Search and Rescue etc) but definitely no guru either. 24y, male. Cheers Richard
Hi there... I am in New Zealand for the next 6 months, and also looking for someone to go tramping with. I am studying until december, so i am mostly looking for weekend tramps untill then. I am from Denmark, and have a reasonable amount of experience from tramping in Sweden, Norway and Iceland. I have done trips in both summer and wintertime, but just tramping and skiing, no winter mountaneering with use of ixe axe and crampons. So that might be a bit out of my league to start with. I would say that I am fairly experienced, but not yet accustomed with NZ surroundings. So if you are still looking for a buddy, or if anyone else is, please let me know. cheers, Thomas
Did you do your tramp in 2008. If not would you be interested to do the Milford track in 2009?

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by richardbramley
On 12 June 2008
Replies 2
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown