Durable Wool Socks?

Wool socks I've had from Crapmandhu, Icebreaker, Macpac, etc have all been expensive and comfy, but develop holes very quickly. Merino was lovely but fell apart very fast. I'm lucky in that I don't really seem to get blisters, so my only real requirement is something durable. I've long used synthetics that are much cheaper, manage moisture well, etc - but I'm trying to buy less petroleum derived goods these days, and trying to prefer NZ made goods. Has anyone found a brand they find pretty good? Or is the lack of durability innate in wool.
Did you get the icebreaker socks replaced under their lifetime guarantee? Lifetime sock guarantee: At icebreaker we take pride in the quality of our socks and guarantee 100% satisfaction with your purchase. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your socks we will provide you with a new pair. Please visit your original location of purchase to receive your replacement. If you purchased your socks from our website please complete our warranty form on our warranty page here.
Bummer - did not know about that, so no I didn't. Still, they were the worst of the lot (and the most expensive) in terms of durability. Very comfortable, but yeah. I don't want to have socks that have to be replaced several times a year (even if its free). But maybe I'll give em another go on that notion.
For socks I do not use recognised sports chains but go to Farm Supply outlets. Reinforced wool blend socks do the trick. Straight wool socks lack durability as you have found out. I'm a member of the Farmland's Co-op and shop there but the general public can also shop there or go to other rural supply competitors.
Neato, will check out farmlands next time I'm there!

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by dreambroom
On 11 August 2022
Replies 4
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown