Tramping illegal

Tramping is now officially illegal. https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/new-law-officially-bans-hunting-surfing-and-swimming-during-lockdown
214 comments
71–80 of 214

you can have all the other components, if you don't have enough vitamin D then the other components can mean nothing because your immune system can't get out of first gear, thats a big reason why people are far more likely to get sick in the less sunny months of they year and even going in to summer if you have low levels of vitamin d it can take weeks or even months to get it up to normal... because of all the information put out about skin cancer and avoiding the sun, a lot more people are deficient in vitamin d now than they used to be,. you get the highest amount of vitamin D production when the sun is at its highest, it is possible to avoid the sun when its at its strongest, and get it when its lower in the sky and get a tan and still not have enough vitamin D, the UV rays that tan your skin and burn it are different from the UV rays that give you vitamin D there are people in NZ who get rickets the vitamin D deficiency disease. is it how much sun you get that gives you skin cancer? or is it how you get it? my uncle was an orchardist all his life, got a massive amount of sun exposure in the middle of the day, caucasian, worked in shorts and t shirts, had a heavy tan, didnt use sunblock, never had any skin cancer issues, but he never got burnt you work indoors youre far more likely to get burnt. i'm not advocating everyone do what my uncle did, some peoples skin just won't tolerate that amount of sun and they should cover up more, but based on what the medical experts tell us, its not entirely predictable who will get skin cancer... vitamin D is important in fighting cancer. cancer patients that are measured for Vitamin D are highly likely to have low levels of it...
you work indoors youre far more likely to get burnt. company I work for has a long long policy. Since they bought that in Ive had far more sunburn on my arms and legs. The immunity thing is far more complex. True if you dont eat properly any deficiency is going to give a negative score but Lots of people eat far better than I do and fare far worse in the illness stakes. Ive had one cold in the last 3 years and bugs I do get I clear far faster than normal people. A retro virus knocked me back 6 or 7 years ago and I had 3 days off work. Most people take 2 weeks for that bug. Flu 10 years ago saw me in bed 2 days with a temperature above 39 Back at work on the third day right as rain. No one else got sick so I must of cleared it. My mother was equally healthy my father better than average but my sister gets everything going. Just to add to my score though a huge negative in being 6 weeks premature. Today thats not uncommon but in 1960 it was "probably wont survive"I should be an immunity mess.
sun protection is everywhere.. kids at beaches in swimwear that covers them up.. hats compulsory outside at school outside workers with headwear and clothing that completely cuts out the sun some of the most vitamin D deficient nations are in the Middle East where its customary to cover up from head to toe. and now they live indoor lives, there's no shortage of UV rays for vitamin D but culturally little chance to get it. nz is loosing the ability to get vitamin D from the sun over the next few weeks... so whatever your levels are at they will just keep going down over winter until whenever you get sunning yourself in spring...
3 hour walk today in a t shirt should fix that.
""You can go for an easy day walk but don't do anything too challenging which could put you in harm's way and stay physically distanced from others on the track."" Gonna get me some Vitamin D too !. https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/11/16/1321452428032/Model-of-a-Neanderthal-ma-005.jpg
Always wondered what you looked like. That description sound like how it was already working. Yesterday afternoons walk not really getting out of Rangiora 13.5km but it did include a little river bed travel. Start and finish at home so thats a block isnt it?
Beard's going for it but the ponytail's lagging :( I look different without my glasses, and it's been a while since I did promo work. https://www.bgt.nz/tmp/productions/30-seconds-spray-and-walk-away/images/medium/ming.jpg Might have dobbed you in for the reward if you'd crossed one of my trail cams. How are the legs ?. Walked to the market and back for a bag of spuds & all that couch time made itself felt.
more conflicting information, a journalist on tv news saying you shouldnt be travelling more than 10 minutes from home and staying with your local park. the covid website says you can travel in your regrion to go to your recreation area my local park is full of impatient runners and cyclists more interested in not having to wait to get past walkers , than keeping a safe distance. its safer that i drive somewhere else where i can safe distance.
no more than 10 min from home means cant even walk round my block. How do you get a 3 hour brisk walk in when it has to be within that distance. Even sticking to the block would mean 20 laps (unless I lose count in which case its 30) Maybe they meant 10 minute drive. That would get me to the supermarket Seriously though on the 3 hour walk yesterday I went past a total of 10 people none within 10 meters. Even on a 30 minute walk tonight I only saw 5 people and 6 dogs
journo meant driving more than 10 mins from home
71–80 of 214

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by madpom
On 4 April 2020
Replies 213
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown