Who delivers Amazon ?.

How does Amazon.US stuff get delivered in NZ, please ?. Can you make it signature required ?.
if its tramping gear, depends what brand you want, some brands are embargoed to NZ if they have a local distributor.... you'll have to then use a mail forwarding company in the states like shipito,, they give you an address in the states you use to ship the gear to. then they give you various courier options, cant remember if its signature required there might be instructions for that, otherwise check with amazon. theres some info here https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=202075950
Thanks, but legit purchases ... what company delivers it to you in NZ. Just NZ Post ?. Or some courier company ?. Can you make it 'signature required' ?. Who is the 'NZ Carrier' referred to in the link ?.
Fastway/Aramax was who delivered a purchase of mine. We use Fastway as our carrier for our business and from talking to our driver he said Aramax has a contract with Amazon to deliver in many countries. Bear in mind that sellers on Amazon can function in two ways: 1) The seller can assign a bulk lot of their item(s) to Amazon's warehouses and they will be distributed by Amazon. This is where Fastway/Aramax will deliver in NZ. 2) The seller holds all stock and distributes any orders themselves. In this case I assume (and logic dictates) it would be by whatever method/carrier the seller uses. So in short; possibly Fastway/Aramax but not a guarantee. For what it is worth my order at the start of December, where I selected "international economy post" arrived in approx 8 days. An Ebay order I placed at the same time (coming from Germany not America in this case) which I placed on the same day and also used "international economy post" but this time was via NZ Post took nearly 2 months and another order form a separate US site took similar, again using "international economy post". So Amazon was really quick compared to the rest.
Fastway/Aramax was who delivered a purchase of mine. We use Fastway as our carrier for our business and from talking to our driver he said Aramax has a contract with Amazon to deliver in many countries. Bear in mind that sellers on Amazon can function in two ways: 1) The seller can assign a bulk lot of their item(s) to Amazon's warehouses and they will be distributed by Amazon. This is where Fastway/Aramax will deliver in NZ. 2) The seller holds all stock and distributes any orders themselves. In this case I assume (and logic dictates) it would be by whatever method/carrier the seller uses. So in short; possibly Fastway/Aramax but not a guarantee. For what it is worth my order at the start of December, where I selected "international economy post" arrived in approx 8 days. An Ebay order I placed at the same time (coming from Germany not America in this case) which I placed on the same day and also used "international economy post" but this time was via NZ Post took nearly 2 months and another order form a separate US site took similar, again using "international economy post". So Amazon was really quick compared to the rest.
the mail forwarders have a good choice of courier companies to choose from, dhl. fedex, TNT.
Okay. Thanks, guys. Shipped from USA thru 'DPD' (UK). Delivered, 5 days earlier than expected, by 'Fastway'. Signature required, tho not offered nor selected in the purchase process. Amazon tracking didn't really keep up with the play once it was picked up by 'DPD' from Amazon in Illinois. Surprised by a knock on the door 5 days ahead of schedule. 10 days from purchase to delivery. On the other hand, took some Keen sandals back to Kathmandu today, as they really didn't fit once I tried them on at home. Immediate refund back thru the card I purchased with. Straight off to Hannahs for a different brand from a different retailer. Convenience (customer service) counts too.
fastway are crap at tracking their orders, i set for email updates.. it tells me the order is delivered a week after the fact...
I think a lot of tracking software isnt working right at the moment.Probably due to a common point in the delivery chain. Ive had a couple of aliexpress orders show up before they were posted

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Pro-active
On 10 February 2020
Replies 8
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown