Looking for tramping Partner Feb 9-12

Hi everyone, I am planning to be in Queenstown area Feb 8-12 2020. Would be interested in any of the hikes in the area. Perhaps Gillespie Pass, but looks a little risky for a solo trip. Would be open to other 3-4 days hikes in the area. My dates are quite fixed unfortunately. I am relatively fit but haven’t done a multi day backpacking trip for a number of years now ( last one was Lake Enchantment area in Washington state 5-6 years ago). Let me know if anyone might be interested in joining me. Thanks. Wendy
A couple of thoughts: Gillespie Pass Circuit is superb. By February the tops should be clear of snow. It's mainly on formed tracks and within the capabilities of most trampers. Even the climb out of the Young is, although steep, well cut into the mountain and presents acceptable exposure. Other 3-4 day circuits include the Greenstone-Caples and Rees-Dart. Although all 3 circuits will most likely be quite busy, the scenery is amazing and the tracks/huts are all in good nick. In addition, you can vary each: up the Wilkin River on the Gillespie; Steele Creek on the G-C, and a trip to Cascade Saddle on the R-D. Enjoy!
Hi Wendy, I should be in queenstown area at this time and looking for partner too. The gillespies looks tempting also I would add Rabbit pass! (but you might have not enough time) how about dingle burn? Or Scott basin - steele creek ? Let me know if you are stille looking for partner. Cheers, Raph

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Wendyng
On 14 December 2019
Replies 2
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown