looking for kids osprey ace 38 pack

they dont seem to sell them anymore. I have a 7 and 8 year old to kit out and that pack ticked most boxes for me. any ideas? also kids boots that wont make me bankrupt in a year. haar.
14 comments
11–14 of 14

Good point Paul. I had been mulling that one over as they seem to grow like mushrooms anyway. we have been using school bags so far but we are embarking on a 3 month south island tramping/walking/exploring journey this year, so time to invest in their comfort in the hope of less moans, ha would that work? mmm.....
The Hi-Tech treads are generally okay. I use them myself. You'd need to turn the boot upside down and flex it. Compare it to junk you would buy at the Warehouse. Too 'soft' and flexy and the foot will be working very hard & feeling every rock. Might mot be too bad with lightweight youngsters ?.
Trooper, I have an Osprey Atmos 50 that's not doing anything nor likely to in the foreseeable future. I Got myself an Aarn Natural Exhilaration a year or so back and the Osprey hasn't been used since. If you would like to try it on one of the young fellas I am more than happy to send it to you. If it fits and is comfortable then hang on to it and use it for your trip. It has done a few trips but is in good condition and was last used in March by a smaller family member to walk the Milford Track. I don't actually have a use for it anymore.
That's very kind of you FrankB, but the Atmos would be too big, they have 10.5-11.5inch back measurements. I also have an Aarn pack, they are great.
11–14 of 14

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by trooper
On 10 June 2019
Replies 13
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown