New shuttle service Nelson to St Arnaud and else

Last week I faced the dilemma to get from St Arnaud back to Nelson. The only options were a shuttle (twice a week), or pay for the full shuttle (expensive). But I found a new option at the DOC office, so in case people need to move from Nelson to St Arnaud at a more affordable price: text 021 2349093 with where you are and where you want to go, and they will text back a price. The company behind this is SafeCabs. We had a good experience with them, and this area needs more competition.
Thumbs up
Good to hear. One organisation has basically bought out others and turned it into a monopoly. Another option is certainly welcome.
We hired a cheap rental last time. It was cheaper to hire at $40 a day than the shuttle even though the rental just sat at St Arnaud for a few days.
That's exactly what I'm doing in May. $40 a day from Omega car hire and the car will be sitting at St Arnaud. The convenience speaks for itself.
Any other bus or transport options that pass through St Arnaud? Trying to work out the best one-way route, ChCh to St Arnaud.
No public transport options to St Arnaud. Only shuttles, taxis, or hitchhiking. Or walking! :-)
Can I ask roughly how much your taxi cost?
$125
Thanks, that's pretty reasonable.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tracks, routes, and huts
Started by Berend de Boer
On 21 January 2019
Replies 8
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown