Sidebar "Start a new thread" button in Safari?

Not a big deal now I've found this forum seems to work better in Chrome, but when viewed in Safari, there is no right hand sidebar and so no "Start a new thread" button available. Using Safari 12.0 on a Macbook Air.
Thanks @Ian_H . I don't have a Mac, but the online testing I have run with Safari 11 does not show this issue (I don't have Safari 12 available). Can you please confirm for me your screen resolution?
I'm on an 11 inch MacBook Air from 2013, screen is 11.6-inch (1366 x 768). Using Safari Version 12.0.1 (13606.2.104.1.2) Not a big issue for me now I know to fire up Chrome if I want to post a new thread. Ian
For what it is worth, I'm using Safari Version 12.0 (14606.1.36.1.9), and can see the 'Start a new thread' button as long as I am not viewing the ''Latest in Forums' page. The button is always missing when viewing that page (both safari and chrome), but it is present if I am viewing a thread, or if I navigate to a particular forum. Cheers, Moh. edit. for caparison, my display is 15.4-inch (2880 x 1800)
Kia ora @Moh_Oz , the button is missing on that page because you're not in a forum. You need to choose a forum first for the button to appear. Is that confusing? Maybe it is!
Hi @Matthew Make sense when you think about it. Cheers, Moh

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by Ian_H
On 30 October 2018
Replies 5
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown