Location movie Hunt for the wilderpeople

1–10 of 15

Hi folks! Does anyone know the locations of this great movie?(I'm sure you do...) There is one particular place that really interest me..which is the top of the mountains where the uncle and little kid fight about the words to use the beauty..."pretty majestical or majestic"...with a big lake in front of them. Does anyone knows What I'm talking about it ?
this link might help... https://www.google.com/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-US%3AIE-SearchBox&biw=1920&bih=934&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=FiMzW5imCoOo0gS99J7gCw&q=hunt+for+the+wilderpeople+film+location&oq=hunt+for+the+wilderpeople+loca&gs_l=img.1.0.0i8i30k1j0i24k1.225055.226643.0.227946.7.6.1.0.0.0.341.1335.2-4j1.5.0....0...1c.1.64.img..1.6.1368...0j0i67k1j0i30k1.0.12ixQssPr9k#imgrc=80FvhMwtdLYlXM:&spf=1530078202810
People are saying majestical now!
opening shots in the urewera's most of it in the waitakeres. car chase around the central plateau,
movies have become a real problem, the lord of the rings movies were a big reason why the tongariro crossing and mt doom became overrun with over a hundred thousand tourists a year and growing, littering and crapping all over the track. after "the Piano" came out, the normally quiet beach where it was set was over run with tourists, and on and on it goes around the country.. people want to visit all the movie sites , taking helicopters, shattering the peace..
If these movies make alot of money, maybe there should be a built in compensation package. Field of Dreams, Kevin Costner 'if you build it he will come!'
Would of helped spread die back.
Compensation might be one avenue, but it's a risky concept to assign monetary values to amenities. Not all environmental problems can be resolved by throwing more money at them. I think that's an elephant in the room with stuff like border levies. There's a general expectation with many that simply by extracting more money from tourists, and spending it in the right places, we can alleviate all the problems which are created with increased tourism.
If you actually find this location, please at least show a little bit of consideration and DON'T post the location on Instagram. This country has a huge issue with previously unspoilt, untouched areas being overrun with tourists.
i used to publish my tramping photos online, just for family and friends, then i saw that up to a 100,000 people had viewed specific photos that identified their location... so i stopped
1–10 of 15

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tracks, routes, and huts
Started by giuseppe23
On 27 June 2018
Replies 14
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown