What's your excuse?

1–10 of 13

For being inside and posting on this forum / sitting in front of a screen in the middle of a long weekend when there's hardly a cloud in the sky over the whole South Island? :)
speak for yourself, i've just watched two weeks rain in six hours. i'm packing to move and have to let people in who want to view the property.. and i saw the forecast....
I just got back from a day trip from Field Hut in the Tararuas. Nice day to go out actually - cold but no rain so helps keeps you cooler - still sweat like a pig in a sauner tho
Decorating ... Finished work for the year on friday. Get the chores over first then time to do some serious tramping & trapping.
Had my sister down with one of her kids. Used it as a chance to have a bunch of whanau over for dinner last night. Still did some hill work and hit the pools with the missus. Do the same tomorrow. Was a bloody nice day though cool and still.
It has hosed down with rain, the backyard flooded, half the garden washed out, and today ankle deep in mud, thank heavens for gumboots, trying to clear a drain between showers. I should have gone tramping despite the weather, but I would probably be cursing just as much because of the weather.
The lost sheep are also trying to do their bag all the huts in one weekend thing. Don't want to share the tararua with that going on.
Grinning
Yes. I was thinking 'but I actively avoid tramping on long weekends'. Or take the tent & bugroff somewhere obscure. Time for 1st topcoat. Maybe a coffee first and a check of the forums ...
Went for a nice kayak on the lake today, Frankton to Jacks Point and back. Not a cloud in the sky. Got the water bottle off the bike as I was leaving, it was frozen to the bottom. Hoar frost on all the shady beaches, water smoking close to the shore in the shade towards Jacks Point but pleasant on the few sunny beaches out there. Itching to find the time to have a look at the Routeburn in the snow - Conical Hill and back or right through might be possible at the moment. Plenty of snow but a week of hard frosts should mean it's quite stable.
No time for visiting forums on saturday as i was introducing a friend to an 8 hr rogaine. midday to 8pm.
1–10 of 13

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Ian_H
On 3 June 2018
Replies 12
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown