Arc teryx Rain jacket

1–10 of 19

Hi guys. It's time for me to get what I think is the best in the market. Some of you have some arc teryx rain jacket ? Opinions ? https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/theta-ar-jacket I can get a theta at with a good price...what you reckon ?
I have the Zeta AR and its the best jacket iv ever had in terms of comfortability and durability. Im not 100% sure but I think the Theta AR is more geared towards climbing so that means the jacket will be shorter which isn't ideal for tramping aswell as having a bigger hood to fit a helmet underneath. Here is a [comparison](https://arcteryx.com/us/en/compare/20317-dark-moss/16473-rigel) between the Theta AR and the Zeta AR.
even on special they are horrendously priced. plenty of other quality brands are comparable quality rab, montane, outdoor research. macpac, the north face. marmot. and plenty more sold overseas.
Price not withstanding, you will not be disappointed with the quality and performance, I have the Zeta AR, bought for half retail but brand new condition on Trademe. It was fantastic going over the Routeburn in torrential rain and gale winds. Kept me dry as a bone, the pit zip vents worked a treat. I’ve also got a Beta SL for less challenging weather.
Thumbs up
Ive met one of the designers from Arkteryx. Hes a smart guy and some of the things he has that will probably never go on sale is amazing. The 600g fully framed 45 litre pack will be for sale next year but even in USA its going to be 800+ Also for those that dont like goretex boots they are making goretex socks but only for the military. Gortex wont let them sell them due to their contract selling gortex to boot companies. The gear he has made for himself as well is stunning. He knows I cant afford his stuff
yeah arcteryx have some of the best designs out, but the prices are eye watering.. they are like buying an exotic sports car, very nice but you have to pay a premium for it.. ironically every year they make gore tex ponchos for the homeless for free, they dont put their logo on it.
Thumbs up
If you can get it at a good price, why not? The guy who got me into mountaineering who was cynical about everything - bought an Arcteryx jacket and he was stoked with it - thats my measure of how good they are anyway....
i've had numerous cheaper brands and been stoked with them over the decades. westcomb brand was started by ex arcteryx employees, the gear is a lot cheaper and just as well made. the best i've owned of all the brands i've had. they just dont have the marketing budget of arcteryx to get the same brand recognition.. but it doesnt mean they are any worse. you dont need the best gear to have a good trip. i started out doing great trips with very cheap gear. its one brand out of a sea of similar products i dont buy into any single brand. theres always another brand out there that will be comparable if you look around
Thumbs up
That's great to hear guys. Apparently the difference between Zeta and Theta is on the type of goretex used Theta ng-80 Zeta ng-60 So theta should stand slightly more in terms of resistance against harsh weather. Theta like zeta is actually quite long cut too....so apparently is a good piece of Gear. But of course As Waynowski said is very expensive and worth a week and half of wedges... I had Rab Kinetic and Rab Arc jacket....totally disappointed(even if I m a big fan of the English brand...) Probably if you want something that stand against harsh weather we should go around the model Latok or Alpine Latok...but start to get pricey as well...so at this point my opinion is to go and get what is apparently the best in the market...which is Arc'teryx. I bought from Arcteryx a Atom lt hoody jacket and I have to say is really good. Hiking very active this jacket breath very well and keep you warm...plus is very light and packable inside is own pocket...it's not waterproof but DWR(waterresistent)and trust me guys it's worth every single dollar. So that's why I'm impressed with the brand.
Oh right so the main difference between the theta and Zeta is that the Theta has Goretex Pro and Zeta has regular Goretex. I highly doubt that there is a noticeable difference Goretex pro and regular anyway. If you can get the Theta at a better price than the Zeta then id go wih the Theta. Let us know what you decide to get
1–10 of 19

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by giuseppe23
On 29 May 2018
Replies 18
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown