Tracks, routes, and huts

1,126–1,150 of 1,237

We went there over the new year, and ended up getting flooded in along the south branch for 2.5 days directly across the river from Goat Creek Hut on the south branch, but otherwise had ...
Only around the Oamaru, Boyd and Tussock. Been into Cascade a few times as well, so cant really give you any usefull info on your planed route.
It's not the terrain -- there are regulations prohibiting casual camping within 500m of the Routeburn and 1km of Milford (if I recall correctly). This effectively means no camping on the Milford. On the Routeburn,there's ...
Has anyone done Rua's Track in the Ureweras in recent times? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks for that, we've been exploring the whole Thompson's Ngatamahinerua area for a couple of weeks, hopefully get to the hut some stage this week Cheers
Crisis averted! I managed to get an extra day off work so heaps more options are availble. Will likely just do the Travers-Sabine.
A walk on the Rees-Dart with a day side trip from Dart Hut toward Cascade Saddle for a view of the Dart glacier would eliminate the risk or hard element of ascending to Cascade saddle ...
1 2
You are right, Godley Pass does look easier on both the map and on google earth, but Armadillo Saddle is the more frequented route, although I've no idea why. As you say, wait until you ...
Phillipe, I just came off the Milford (19-22 Dec) and it's well worth doing. I seriously don't think you are allowed on the track unless you have a booking though. Having said that, there were ...
"From the East/West peak saddle, descend above the Leatherwood on the TL. Aim for a small rib leading almost leatherwood free down to the Creek itself." Hehe.. thank god for GPS. Just three weeks ago, in ...
Anyone seen this? Looks pretty fun, urban sattelite tramping? http://www.arc.govt.nz/albany/fms/main/Documents/Parks/Our%20Parks/Hillary%20Trail%20Map.pdf
The sign to turn off into hells gate is a little further up the ridge hard to miss im sure you will feel a little silly the next time. as always they are easy mistakes ...
Early Questions asked.. The Morse River in the Maitahi is/was untracked and access is frustrating. It is an uninteresting tributary and for some reason was never over abundant with deer or chamois. Access is best ...
1 2
The priority at the moment is to get to the bottom of the south island! I hope to come back and fill in all the wonderfull country I have seen along the way. Cheers Andrew
North-South Kaimai traverse distance around 80K would do the trick browse DOC website for information http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/tracks-and-walks/bay-of-plenty/tauranga-area/kaimai-mamaku-forest-park-north-south-track/
thanks everyone, good advice. will be back here for sure!
1 2
Hey all Does anyone have any information on transport options into the Styx river east of Hokitika? All I can find is a $260 shuttle ex-AP... any idea what the taxi out of Hoki would be? Any ...
okay so I just got the topo50 maps for inland Kaikoura and I must say it won't be as easy as I expected. almost no marked tracks and not as many huts as I was ...
Hi guys, I'm looking at "climbing" Mt Titiroa after Christmas and would like some info about it. Basically how hard is it to find the route? are there many river crossings? Where is the best spot to ...
About 3 hours to the top of Kaweka J then about 1 hour and a bit to Back Ridge Hut. 2 hours to Back Ridge Biv. About 2-3 hours down to Rock Ahead Hut About 3 hours to ...
It is a few years since I have been there but the river was low when I was there and had no trouble crossing it on my own. Then I had to sit and wait ...
I was tramping on Taranaki Mountain over the past few days and found the swingbridge that crosses the Waiwhakaiho river was washed away late last month. This effects the course of the Pouakai circuit tramp or ...
I recall whinging about the Waitaha to someone and Frank said it wasn't so bad so we went back about 10 days later! We did do some track clearing the second time round.
Sounds like a great plan. Give yourself plenty of time and enjoy yourself. You certainly won't be the only person on the Northern Circuit, the around Ruapehu trip is not so well used but the ...
No set date yet - probably a fine weekend in January weather permitting
1,126–1,150 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link