Tracks, routes, and huts

101–125 of 1,237

I don't think there is ever 'only one rat'
Grinning
I've been from Mudflats Hut up and over to Julia Hut and been on the Campbell Range tops further south. However I have not crossed Hura Saddle or been up Hura Creek. I've a feeling ...
The TTC have a couple of trip reports on their website: https://ttc.org.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TripReports/2017-12-02-McGregorFalls https://ttc.org.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TripReports/2014-02-23-McGregorFalls In both cases the parties seem to have...
Hi there. A friend and I were hoping to do the Pinnacles walk in the Coromandel on Saturday, 4 April for a milestone birthday & stay the night to see the sun rise. However the ...
Launch the bright pink drone. Bound to invite target practice from any hunters lurking out there within a 3km radius. Along the ridge to Horace Walker, the ferals had mown the grass down to ground ...
1 2
Grinning
Hi, checked through some old emails and couldn't find anymore specifics for hut ownership as must have discussed this via phone calls. Your best first step is as you suggest, talking to Rob Hamilton at Glenlee Station. ...
A tramping mate (AndrewP over on www.bushwalk.com) has been producing contour maps (Aus, state by state) for use in Garmin GPS for quite some time - now he's added New Zealand North & South Island ...
Thumbs up
Hey guys - because of the track closure, I received this reply yesterday from the Queenstown VC: "A bridge was destroyed along the Dart track (in between Chinamans Bluff and Daleys Flat hut). We are hopeful ...
Boot
Thanks @Honora. Much appreciated. How long did it take you to get through to/from Doughboy? Any options for campsites once you drop off the Tin Range or all too scrubby down there?
1 2
photos https://www.doc.govt.nz/extreme-weather-fiordland
Thumbs up
Thinking of doing the Three Passes route in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have an update on the snow conditions. Can you get by without crampons? I have done the route a couple of ...
Little bit of rain today in Rangiora and thunder from the Mount Thomas direction so this might be fixed
Thanks for that, Madpom. I'l lost my older paper topomap with the boundaries on, the current online topomap doesn't show it. Good to know Junction Burn hut is a possibility.
Why not get the shuttle to drop you at Wainui and then hike back towards Marahau? That's what I would do. I've done the whole track and north of Totaranui the track is fine but ...
Waipapa Hut & Crow Hut are both pre-fabricated flyable 'big fridge' type huts, with the former actually located south of where it is shown on older maps. Both huts are used by bio-diversity teams (predominantly ...
Thumbs up
I've visited Te Ekaou Hut via the farm track with permission, although it took two attempts. In both instances i phoned the landowner. The first time they politely declined me & informed me why, which ...
1 2
Thumbs up
Almost exactly that. We encountered a large school group of kids playing field games just before ascending into the bush from the river flats on the way back from Carrington hut last. That's just over ...
*Are the river crossings deep (will have a 7 year old with me)* From memory all river crossings are either bridged or there was an alternative high-water track. In normal flow it is pretty easy to ...
Also the remote huts website has up to date info on the condition of the Styx.
1 2
Looking for a car swap with someone or group starting from The Divide end. 20th, 21st or 22nd April 2020. Anyone keen?
Hi, we're thinking of the Heaphy, 4-5 days, flexible either way, anytime but finish before 23 Jan. Anyone want to relocate cars to meet up half way between two ends? Thanks John
You won't see the track in places because of the scrub closing in but you can't leave the ridge by far. I found a UHF radio that seemed like it got ripped off some hunters ...
Yep possible to do in a day. Did it with intention of camping under canvas but was so close to the road end just kept going. Carried all that load for nothing. Good sustained climb ...
1 2
Climber missing after torrential rain lashes Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/118382629/climber-missing-after-torrential-rain-lashes-mount-cook-national-park A climber has been missing for a week after trave...
Thumbs up
Hi Everyone, we're walking the Heaphy east to west, starting 22nd Dec and finishing on Christmas day but staying in karamea for the night. Is anyone walking the other way around that time who wants ...
101–125 of 1,237

Search the forums

Tracks, routes, and huts Ideas, plans, trip reports.
Topics 1,237
Posts 10,097
Top contributors
Permanent link