Tramping partners

476–500 of 614

I've got a mate who weighs 42kg. She went on a big multiday trip with some lads and was given a kilogram jar of peanut butter to carry included in the equal share of other ...
1 2 3
Great! I look forward to the opportunity of meeting you and travelling NZ. Stay in contact, that would be good, perhaps you have MSN or Facebook? I live in Palmerston North, about 2 hours drive north ...
1 2
Okay I am now in NZ, heading down to Christchurch tomorrow and then renting a car. Any good possibilities for walks? Thanks Cheers
p.s goin to try do this in a couple days or nxt week when we get a good spell of weather
just went over to mangatutara via oronui the other day- nice walk. Takes about 4 hours from the road to Oronui and another five to mangatutara. Beware as the track over the saddle gets a ...
Hi, I'm a 31yo passenger train driver from Belgium. I live in Mechelen and am based in Leuven for my work. Oct&Nov of 2010 I will be in NZ for 3 weeks. I've already rented ...
I am going to be in Queenstown at the weekend, and have the whole day on Sunday free (plus a hirecar) I would like to get out and do a 1 day tramp. If anyone ...
Hey Norm, how was it?
1 2 3 4
Will prob look at heading back towards tauranga and going up to wharawhara rd end and staying in Te Rereatukahia hut for the 2nd night and walking out the same track if anyones anyones keen ...
1 2
Hi Juju, If you're also into backcountry skiing, I'd be quite keen to join you. I'm not that experienced though, so we'll need to find a Master :-) Nic
Would have to be before the end of April, So maybe the 24th and 25th.
Hello Yes there is a shorter tramp this Saturday 10th.We are going out Huia way and we are doing part of the Don McLean and Puriri tracks. PS, those who don't have a vehicle that can ...
Just hitchhike everywhere, as long as you look respectable you'll be fine. Generally to time getting somewhere I add in 30-1hr extra per hitch (worst case scenario), normally I don't have to wait longer thatn ...
Thank you so much Yarmoss! Appreciate all the tips and suggestions! =D Will find out much more at DoC! I just did the Mt Roy tramp! Spectacular views! =D Weekend is going to be great ...
Hey Ruth, The shuttles will drop you anywhere. If I make Mt Owen which I'm hoping to I can drop you in Mot on my way home. Justin
Hi to all, Looking for a partner/s walking the Routbern from west to east march 22-24. If you also have a car we can arrange for one car at each end of the track for comfortability. [Email ...
sorry Annette, i did this track just a few days ago. Im keen to do some others in April so if you have any ideas let me know. Pip
That is great! Have a great time in NZ. I bet you will be back to tramp some more.
1 2
Sweet! Let me know once your plans firm up.
Hi Justin, sure, I will! Cheers, Ruth
Currently we have 3 people going, and should go either the 15th or 18th and will end 6 to 8 days later. The transport from Te Anau and back should cost about $134 per person.
Hi Not wanting to hijack this but I am considering doing the Cascade saddle from the Aspiring Hut on March 6 onwards. According to Metservice there should be a high over the area so the weather ...
There is a group of us based around the Rotorua Tramping & Skiing Club, recently joined by Fruitbat from this forum who is in Gisborne who are doing a bit of tramping around the central ...
I'm looking at a trip up the Hopkins Valley then over Elcho Pass into the Landsborough. From here plan is to head down river to come over Broderick Pass into the Huxley River then out. ...
sorry I meant 5 to 8 march........................hum....
476–500 of 614

Search the forums

Tramping partners Looking for somebody to go tramping with? Post a message here.
Topics 614
Posts 2,889
Top contributors
Permanent link