The campfire

1,426–1,450 of 1,484

I see the stuff website mentions it http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4401550a24035.html I hadn't seen that report before. I think I will have to have a chat to Jim Strang though. That isn't like him at all, sounds like ...
If you are into bagging things, what about degree confluence points. http://www.confluence.org Most of the terrestial points in NZ have been bagged already but there is no reason why one can't do a second visit. The ...
Christchurch has a higher proportion of Asians than Maoris and I meet quite a few in the hills. The women in particular can be pretty intrepid. The Japanese on Stewart Island are the ones who ...
The rule of thumb I am familiar is no more than 25% of your body weight and up to 33% is possible. I have carried horrendous 10 day packs that I could only put on ...
1 2
I am also enthusiastic in recommending this course to anyone who tramps. I do the 2 yearly revalidations and found the scenarios especially invaluable. When things have happened e.g. my partner broke his tibia, it's ...
btw website is www.freewebs.com/hellmission/
added some more to the website b4 we go away for 6 weeks in Kahurangi , atm still loading a few more on.........see ya ppl in 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a cool trip hellmission, would make my plan walk from the Awatere to Kaikoura appear a bit tame.
1 2
There are a lot of ifs, buts, and maybe's when trying to answer a question like this, but I'll try. If you start from Cape Reinga heading south, it is highly possible to encounter snow in ...
Also might be possible to get picked up by 4wd (assuming DOC permit) at the Willow hut. That would remove the need to cross the Seaward Kaikoura and should shorten the trip by a few ...
I see a lot of people have trouble posting photos but I have never had a problem. I think you need to resize the photos to 1024 X 684 before you upload. This site does seem ...
Was in Taupo with the family. Was all battened down for a wet weekend so I am gutted that it was nice. I put a trip in the Ureweras for this weekend on my club's trip ...
See my post on the subject at http://www.tramper.co.nz/?view=topic&id=238
Oh yes - so it is - haha. How the hell didn't I see that? I remember looking at it on the map and just dismissing it as some shelter or private place with it ...
Does anyone have, or know where I can find some detailed accurate information on the alpine snow coverage in the Lewis Pass area? I am planning on heading up to that area for the long ...
no probs, happy trampn!
1 2
Just added probably one of the finest tramps we hav done in the North Island to our website....www.freewebs.com/hellmission/ Feel free to take a look at our other trips...pretty insane were getting!!! HELL MISSION TRAMPING CLUB!!!!!!!
I have just come back from a planned trip around Mt Ngauruhoe. I had looked at the geonet web cam and thought that snow conditions looked OK with only occasional patched of snow at the ...
Only 898 signature required over the next 2 weeks begore summissions close........I know you want to tramp in the mountains without sidestepping wind turbines!
Has anyone gone to work in a US summer camp teaching children hiking with Camp America before? I'm considering applying and using hiking as one of my skills. Has anyone done this before and could tell ...
Hi to bridgetramper, have answered your query on Luxmore Hut. Will add more pics of the different huts we have been to if you, or anyone, is interested. Cheers.
YES. Go online to the DOC website, go into parks and reservations, and book from there. If you are planning to do a few of the walks you can purchase a great walks pass. Unfortunately ...
Hi Peter, Yes that does help, thanks a lot - I appreciate you taking the time to give me your opinion. If you click on "Photographs", mine is the 3rd pic, I have renamed it to For ...
Have a look on www.doc.govt.nz And contact Fiordland DOC with your questions. A nice walk is down the Hollyford to Lake Alabaster then you can walk on or get a jetboat. then either fly out or return ...
Hey thanks very much for that Dave I will check that out I contacted the motels at springs junction about a week ago and havent heard a thing yet, I also contacted Maruia springs Hotel ...
1,426–1,450 of 1,484

Search the forums

The campfire General talk.
Topics 1,484
Posts 20,729
Top contributors
Permanent link