The campfire

1,351–1,375 of 1,484

IM HAveing issues setting it up i keep getting "photos not available" in the configure screen ? never had this before any clues whats wrong
Ive driven past it... It looked a nice spot, the chalets seamed... errr... rustic. There were heaps of people staying there though.
I have just heard that there is a developer beginning work on a new heliport in Franz Josef. This new heliport will have helicopters flying though the Callery and Tatare valleys from the Franz valley. ...
I have a friend coming from the UK - who does a lot of hill walking mountaineering and want to introduce him to NZ tramping. Looking for a medium-hard (willing to do 8-12 hour days ...
Fake signs may drop Routeburn walkers into the brown stuff By SHANE COWLISHAW - The Southland Times Last updated 05:00 13/11/2009 Share Print Text Size A HEAVY DUTY TO WEAR: A bogus Department of Conservation sign asking people to wear ...
hey man good story, gutting about the hole blacking out thing though, would have freaked your old man out. Have you done kiritaki hut yet? me and a mate are going up there prob the ...
The local DOC office down your way will have a copy of the park map printed on water resistant paper (?) better quality than the first map i bought.
Right, now for a bit of a report. It was a great trip. We drove down to Kuripapango on Thursday evening. The other car went earlier than us and got caught in a snow flurry ...
Good story man, had a look at the photos lol youre a hell of alot braver then I am, some awesome photos though
How many posts: you can't. I'll add it to the list of things to do!
1 2 3
Hi, Thanks for your support and time. Am not to sure what the plan is yet as am doing it with my girlfriend and thus the route we will have to agree on. Due on ...
For more information there is an interesting article on the FMC website about this issue and a petition form you can download.
bigpaul: I appreciate lucky with my current circumstances. Well I think I am, anyway. There are also down-sides, but it makes the rent cheaper. :) I didn't mean to criticise gym use, but right now I ...
I have added to the Hell Mission Tramping Clubs website-www.freewebs.com/hellmission/ 1.)Touching the Boyd by Jeremy Collyns, Hell Mission Tramping Club, easy trip. Leaving Poronui Station carpark as a party of three myself, her indoors for ...
Yea im pretty sure i do, I do remember being not that far in when walking past that hut along the wet weather track( the original hut being 8 years ago) But that was the ...
Hi, there is a good information centre in Taupo with options for shuttles to Tongariro National Park. When you do the Northern circut you can take a track that leads all the way back to ...
hut 3 is fishtail hut
1 2 3 4 5
I recently re-stuffed a Macpac Tempest with down from my doonah, as the bag is more important now. It seems quite a bit heavier, but boy is it warm and comfy. Pity the zips are still ...
1 2
It's Conservation Week. Some cool stuff happening. One of the great things about tramping are the birds. So vote for your favorite at the link below for "Bird of the Year 2009" http://www.forestandbird.org.nz/poll
The second channel is a DoC channel. I used it for a medevac one time in Fiordland. You can also hire a slightly heavier radio and dial up anyone in NZ. We are extremely lucky ...
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/2853503/Milford-Sound-landing-rights-may-be-revised When i walked the Milford Track i came across this as well,It is a bit of a pain when you here planes flying near the end of the track,but i dont th...
Just thinking some more on this. Are there any instances where a GPX file is not a track? I uploaded one http://www.tramper.co.nz/?2954 which is a boundary. But mostly they are tracks so a GPX file ...
1 2
Hi Matthew, Thats a relief I wasnt missing something obvious staring me in the face! Wouldnt be the first time. I imagined a Route Outline would be something along the lines of whats on the DoC website ...
I had a very short slide on Sastrugi yesterday and have a bruise here or there and a scratch on the ribs... As my Mountain-Goat-Zen-Friend says: "self arrest is all good and well, but no ...
Mt Tapuae-o-Uenuku, The sacred footsteps to the rainbow, 2885m Added the above story and photos to the website! www.hellmission.webs.com
1,351–1,375 of 1,484

Search the forums

The campfire General talk.
Topics 1,484
Posts 20,729
Top contributors
Permanent link